Controls heavy foam on tank water surface in aquaculture hatchery system
DEFOAM FG-10 is a 10% active food grade nonionic silicone emulsion of dimethylpolysiloxane that qualifies under FDA regulations for use in foods and has also gained acceptance for use in kosher foods.
DEFOAM FG-10 is used to reduce foam in tanks containing fish, especially during transport. DEFOAM FG-10’s antifoam emulsion is an easy-to-use, water dilutable, silicone defoamer for aqueous systems. Easy to dilute and disperse, it is effective in high temperature systems, high-sugar solutions, and salt brines, and maintains its effectiveness at temperatures up to boiling.
Recommended Dosage & Administration Method
DEFOAM FG-10 antifoam emulsion disperses easily in aqueous systems. The emulsion can be added directly to the foamer as supplied, requiring only agitation to disperse it thoroughly. DEFOAM FG-10 is effective at very low concentrations. 10 – 100 ppm (1 – 10 ppm of active ingredient) is sufficient to control foaming in most instances. Begin at 100 ppm and work down to the foam control desired. It is important that DEFOAM FG-10 is completely dispersed so that optimal foam control can be attained. For use in systems where maximum efficiency is desired, the emulsion should be pre-diluted with water before being added to the foamer.
The recommended dilution procedure is as follows:
- Stir or agitate the DEFOAM FG-10 before removing it from the container.
- Pre-dilute the desired amount of DEFOAM FG-10 with up to 10 volumes of cool water to aid dispersion.
- Agitate the DEFOAM FG-10 solution prior to use to ensure that the emulsion is homogeneous.
- For the best results, use the diluted DEFOAM FG-10 within eight hours after making the solution.
- If longer storage is necessary, the diluted material should be stirred frequently.
- Add the diluted DEFOAM FG-10 mixture to the foaming system. Stir or agitate to achieve complete dispersion and efficient foam control.
- For the best results, add the product slowly, combine with mixing prior to the occurrence of any foam, and before the fish are added to the water.
- DEFOAM FG-10 antifoam emulsion is manufactured under high standards of purity and is formulated with specially selected ingredients which, at the prescribed level, are permitted for direct addition to food by the Federal Food and Drug Administration or are considered “generally recognized as safe”.
- Use of DEFOAM FG-10 antifoam emulsion is permissible in most foods, in concentrations up to 100 parts defoamer as received per million parts foamer. Any limitations on use in standardized foods should be observed. (See FDA Regulation 21 CFR 173.340 [formerly 121.1099] under dimethylpolysiloxane.
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) Status
- Permitted Additive in Fish and Fish Products to a maximum level of 10 ppm of active ingredient
DEFOAM FG-10 antifoam emulsion is acceptable for use in the processing of Kosher foods.
Stability & Storage
- DEFOAM FG-10 has a shelf life of 3 years from the date of manufacture when stored between 68 -104°F.
- Avoid temperatures greater than 114.8°F.
- If the product is frozen at 32°F it can be thawed out and used without loss of efficiency.
4L/Jar & 1 L/Bottle