Povidone Iodine 10% Solution for Auqaculture
AQUADIN-10 is a buffered 1% Iodine solution (Iodophor) specifically formulated for use in disinfecting fish eggs. It contains a 10% Povidone-Iodine (PVP Iodine) complex, which provides 1% available iodine. AQUADIN-10 is widely used as a fish egg disinfectant to reduce the transmission of diseases between generations of fish. AQUADIN-10fish egg disinfectant is an important part of a complete Biosecurity program.
AQUADIN-10 contains 2-Pyrrolidinone,1–ethenyl–homopolymer compound with iodine. Povidone iodine 10%w/v as active iodine 1%w/v
- AQUADIN 10® is buffered PVP Iodine product suitable for fish egg surface disinfection.
- AQUADIN 10™ is an easy to use, environmentally friendly, general disinfectant.
- AQUADIN 10™ is a specially buffered, non-staining, non-corrosive, aqueous iodine solution used by fish and shrimp farm personnel as a general disinfectant on equipment, tanks, nets, hands and clothing in hatcheries and at farm sites.
- AQUADIN 10™ may also be used to disinfect fish and shrimp eggs and shrimp nauplii.
- AQUADIN 10™ is a fast acting disinfectant that has been shown to be effective against many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and fungi.
Recommended Dosage & Administration Method
- A 250 ppm available iodine solution is made by diluting 25 ml AQUADIN 10™ to 1 liter with clean water. Use as a dip or bath.
- Wash items that are heavily contaminated with soil or organic debris before disinfecting with AQUADIN 10™.
- A change in the solution color from dark brown to light yellow indicates loss of activity. Ideally, the free iodine concentration should be monitored during treatment. Renew by using a fresh solution of AQUADIN 10™.
Fish Egg Disinfectant
- Conditions such as the organic content of water and the mass of the fish eggs vary, thus the number of eggs treated can vary widely.
- Place eggs into a 100 ppm free iodine solution of AQUADIN 10™ for ten minutes. A suitable ratio is 1 volume of eggs to 4 volumes of this solution.
- A 100 ppm free iodine solution is made by diluting 10 ml AQUADIN 10™ to 1 liter with clean water. Rinse eggs with clean water after treatment.
- If you are unfamiliar with fish egg disinfection, we recommend that you first consult with your local fish health professional.
- AQUADIN-10 is non-toxic to green, fertilized and eyed eggs at the recommended application concentration. When in doubt, always seek the advice of a qualified fish health professional.
Disease Control in Larval Tank
- For disease control in larval rearing tank use 2-5mL/ton of water
Stability and Storage
PVPI solutions may be stored at room temperature (20-30°C) for periods greater than two years if containers are kept tightly closed and away from direct sunlight.
1 Liter/Bottle & 2.5 Liter/Bottle